Hey Everybody! So how many people you know struggle with preparing healthier meals for their families!!! (Probably you and most people you may know) It can be difficult at times but what I have noticed is that you just have to kinda think outside of the box. Cooking meals at home most days of the week does not mean you have to prepare a 5 STAR meal, it just means that whatever you eat, you are preparing it yourself. So yesterday I was in the kitchen and needed to make something kinda quick and was not sure what to fix.
**Quick Tip** If you have pasta or rice at home, that is a good way to start. So build around that.
So I knew I had some boil in a bag brown rice in the pantry and I had some chicken breast in the freezer!!! Need vegetables right? I had some raw carrots in the refrigerator and some cream of chicken in the pantry as well. There you have it!!! A VERY QUICK MEAL.
Let’s get to this recipe:
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 bags of “boil in bag” brown rice
- 1 raw carrot stalk (diced)
- 1/2 c diced onions
- **you can add more veggies such as broccoli, etc..**
1. Boil rice bags based on instructions. While rice is boiling, take a saucepan and add your onions and carrots to your pan. I did use canola oil to coat my pan. Let veggies soften. (Make sure oven is on 400 degrees)
2. Next, I cut my chicken breast into medium sized cubes and added them to the vegetable mixture. I added a little lemon pepper seasoning and lite salt. Used rubber spatula to stir and let mixture cook.
3. Once rice was done I took out of the boiling water and opened the bags and poured rice into a large pot. Next, the chicken mixture was done so I added that to my rice along with the can of cream of chicken soup and gave it a good stir and mix. Making sure everything was coated.
4. Finally I got a pan 9 x 11 pan and poured the rice mixture into the pan and put in the oven for about 20 minutes. Took dish out the oven and it was ready to serve!!
I knew it was a winner when my 5 year old son, ate it and was like “mom I was some more, it’s good!” You know how picky kids can be at times!!
My Blog: https://steps4changeblog.wordpress.com
My Store: http://shop.spreadshirt.com/steps4change
Get my e-book here: